Sunday 5 November 2017

Chlorine is our perfume...Swimming Reflections

Some swimming reflections by Room 9 and 8 students

I heard a lot of people kicking in the water and it made people wet.
I heard a lot of splashing as bubbles were made
I saw my teacher chatting away to the parents
I saw all the other children trying their hardest to swim
I felt a lot feet rubbing against my back
I felt splashing on my face
I wondered if I would impress the teacher
I wondered if I could make it into the big pool.
By Eilish

I heard people kicking in the middle of my ear.
I heard people cheering.
I saw the deep spooky end of the pool.
I saw the flags to warn where you are.
I felt the breeze in the pool.
I felt my arm about to collapse.
I wondered when it will finish.
I wondered if i am going to collapse and make it out alive.
By Isaac

I heard the waves swishing in the cool air.
I heard people kicking their legs as hard as they could.
I saw the dark blue bottom of the pool as i was looking down
I saw mums and dads waiting to see what pool their kid is in.
I felt the freezing cold water gliding across the pool as I went through.
I felt the chill of the water tingle on my feet.
By Reagan

I  heard the splashing of people's legs.
I heard the instructors yelling.
I saw the Bubbles from people's mouths.
I saw the   glistening  water.
I saw the blurriness in my goggles.
I  felt  like i was swimming  with the sharks.
I felt  like i was a piece of ice.
I wondered if  i would make it out alive.
I wondered if i would make it into the big pool.
By Magdalene

I saw the bottom of the pool.
I saw people putting their boards under the water.  
I felt the water.
I felt warm.
I wondered what it world be in the cold
pool.
I wondered how it will be in the baby pool.
By Oliver







2 comments:

  1. What beautiful language you have used in your reflections - I can truly imagine what you saw and felt.

    ReplyDelete